Management & Objectives
The CoaST Project is a not-for-profit Company Limited by Guarantee. The objects of the company are as follows:
- To promote the conservation, protection and improvement of the natural environment by encouraging and developing best practice for sustainable tourism within all aspects of the tourist industry across Cornwall through the provision of training and education, and to disseminate this research and experience, for the public benefit, to the rest of the UK.
- To advance the education and training of the public in the principles of sustainable living through the provision of information, advice and practical examples of environmental protection, renewable energy, zero waste and recycling, sustainable transport, environmentally friendly building, local food projects and sustainable tourism activities.
- To increase the opportunities of access for all to tourism in Cornwall, and in particular with regard to those who have been typically excluded due to physical and mental disabilities.
The company currently has five Directors and a company secretary representing a broad spectrum of relevant sustainable tourism interests and issues:
- Chair: Andy Brelsford
Cornwall Action Team for Jobs, Cornwall Friends of the Earth, and ReZolve member and Vice Chair
- Richard Marsh
Assistant Conservation Manager, Cornwall Wildlife Trust
- Guy Doncaster
Falmouth Green Centre Co-ordinator and BTCV Project Co-ordinator, Cornwall; Company Secretary and Director of Cornwall Waste Action Ltd
- Secretary: Manda Brookman
Manager for CoaST Project
- Director: Philippa Collett
Development Manager, CoaST Project with leedslocksmithservice.co.uk
- Director: Voirrey Costain
There is also a wide Advisory Group of cross sector partners, which will meet to advise and participate in the direction of the work according to the accumulated wisdom and expertise on the board.